Carolina Girl

Words of a Twenty-Something

Monday, January 09, 2006

What's with the G word?

HotBoston and I are still seeing each other. The more and more we're together, the more "serious" everything gets. We still have not made it "official" by giving each other titles, but it is safe to say we are exclusive. We are so perfect together. We compliment each other so well. I have never been the kind of girl to look for a younger guy, but I think I hit the jackpot here. He is much more mature than ExBoyfriend and the Ex has 6 years on HotBoston.

One thing I don't get about HotBoston is that we pretty much each other's significant other, but he hates the mention of girlfriends. A lot of his buddies have serious girlfriends and HotBoston always makes a smart comment about how he hates girlfriends. When we first started hanging out, I made it a point to tell HotBoston I wasn't looking for another boyfriend because I had just ended my relationship with the Ex. He also mentioned that he wasn't looking for a girlfriend either. But now that we are together more and more and we have taken everything to another level, it kind of bothers me that he makes those comments about girlfriends. I don't want to bring it up and complicate everything, but I just wonder if he says it to get a reaction out of me or if he really thinks that way.

Sometimes I think he is just trying to get a reaction out of me. I don't want to bring up the subject of our "titles" because maybe I feel like he'll back away from us. I mean does it need to be discussed? Or should I just leave it alone and just go with the flow like I have been?

What's a girl to do?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Adam said…

    Fear?
    Putting a title on a relationship means that it's a steady, serious relationship. With no titles, it's casual, you're just 'seeing each other' or 'dating' but you aren't required to check in with the other all the time, you can head out with your friends and flirt with no worries.
    You throw a title on there and suddenly this person is requested at family functions and other events that you'd bring a SO to.
    But, there are benefits. You have someone to spend time with, you have someone to confide in, someone to snuggle with and all that jazz.
    That's why life is a journey, not a race.
    Enjoy it while you can, enjoy HotBoston as long as it lasts...
    ;-)

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said…

    If it is truly bothering you and you want to be certain that you are exclusive, then I'd bring it up. How long have you guys been seeing each other? Maybe you could ask something along the lines of what he'd like in the future for the two of you. At least this way, you'd have some kind of idea.

    My boyfriend has told me time and time again that he never does anything for a reaction out of me. He claims that this is a ploy women use, not men. I don't know if I believe that 100% of the time, but in general, I kind of do.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Mister Bachelor said…

    Unless you hear it directly from him you are exclusive, assume you arent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home